Following on from my last blog I want to show you how to live in the present moment not in the past. The past is the past and we cannot change it. Our experiences from the past have shaped us. The good experiences and the experiences that have made us feel unhappy, unloved and unworthy. Therefore it is really important for us to live in the pesent moment not in the past or in the future. I remember many years ago being at a workshop and the teacher had a pile of tumble stone crystals in front of him. He then spit the pile into three piles. These three piles represented the past present and the future. He went on to say that the first and the third pile which represented the past and the future were taking up lots of energy which could be used for the middle pile which represented the present moment. He then took the two piles that represented the past and the future and added them to the pile in the middle that represented the present moment. This made the pile in the middle much bigger. He then went onto say that all your energy can now go on the present moment and then your day will be much more productive as you are not spending all your energy on the past which you cannot change, and the future which has not yet happened. I really loved this analogy when it was showed to me. It really spoke to me and I have never forgotten it. Now you may be thinking how I do I create a future without thinking about it. Well obviously you will have ideas about how your future will look and so using positive creative visualisation is fine or saying a positive affirmation is also fine. You need to be saying to yourself “My life is in perfect order and I am happy confident and successful.” What you should not do is worry about your future or say to yourself “I will never change my life. It has always gone wrong” or “money is tight and I cannot see it getting any better in the future” You should not say negative statements because if you do, that is what you will attract into your life. If you have not yet read my book “Achieving your life purpose with the law of attraction” go and grab a copy now as it will help you have a more positive outlook on your life.
Everyone is talking about “Mindfulness” at the moment which is how to live in the present moment and not in the past or future. Here are a few mindfulness statements and ideas to get you started.
- Start your day with a positive statement. “Today will be filled with positivity and joy”
- As you continue your morning work say to yourself “I am happy and at peace”
- Make an effort every day to spend time outside and connect with nature.
- If someone upsets you take a step back and say to yourself “ I have the power over my thoughts”
- If you are in traffic jam make the most of the time to stop and pay attention to how you are affected by the situation. Say to yourself “ I am happy to take a pause in my day”
- The simple things in life are Free! Appreciate the special things that happen during your day. A smile or a gesture from a stranger, a phone call or text from a friend. Connect to the joy around you.
- Picture your favourite place in nature whenever you feel the need to change the vibration.
- Forgiveness is so important for our future health and vitality.
Finally I would like you to realize that what has happened in your past does not have the power to undermine your future. Only you can do that. You will also find that when you have the courage to let go of what you cannot change your life will improve and that can only be a good thing to aim for.
If you would like more information on mindfulness there is a good book on this by Thich Nhat Hanh called “You are Here” Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist revered throughout the world for his powerful teachings and best selling writings on mindfulness and peace.
Bye for now