In my last blog I talked about how gratitude can improve your life. So in this blog I will show you six tips to live a happier life by continuing this theme. I suggested that you write down every night all the things you were grateful for. As you can imagine how you start your day is also really important and so I will show you how to start your day focusing on gratitude and feeling and being happy. When you wake up what is the first thought that comes into your head? Is it negative or positive? Do you think “Brilliant today is going to be another adventure” or do you think “It’s bound to be the same old boring day” or something similar. As I have mentioned in previous blogs we live in a vibrational universe and so thoughts become things. Therefore as you can imagine having positive happy thoughts when you wake up in the morning is going to bring more good things into your life. The trouble is we get stuck in bad habits and if you are a half a glass person and not a half full person this may be quite difficult for you to change these habits of a lifetime.
Most of our habits come from our childhood. We have been conditioned to think and react in a certain way. Very often we have inbuilt programs and beliefs that have been learnt from family friends, school and the media. Scientists used to think that our neural pathways in our brain were set for life. Now they know that they can be changed. So if you always say things like “I can never get up in the morning” or “my life is going nowhere” or “I never get what I want” or “my health has never been good” although they are part of your neural pathway they can be changed. These are your beliefs. We cling to these beliefs for grim death as they are our story and in a strange way they are comforting and are a part of us. The problem is that these negative beliefs can stop you from having a happy life. I want you to change your negative thoughts into positive ones and especially when you wake up in the morning.
Six tips to live a happier life
- The first thing you do when you open your eyes is to say an affirmation. For instance “I am happy and today will be a great adventure” You can use your own words. Say this to yourself over and over again. You are now setting your intension for the day.
- While you are saying the affirmation imagine that you are having a happy exciting fun day with lots of surprises along the way.
- Look in the mirror and say”I love you” Practicing self love will increase self esteem which in turn will increase happiness.
- While looking in the mirror tell yourself you are going to have a great day. You can have a small hand mirror by the bed or you can do it in the bathroom mirror.
- Smile to yourself and practice smiling at others as soon as you get up and your day begins.
- Have a healthy breakfast. Don’t skip breakfast.
The list I have written above will not take you very long as you may be already saying to yourself that you haven’t got time which in itself is a belief. The affirmation and the visualising should take no more than five minutes when you wake up. The rest can be done while you are getting ready. I wanted to make it a simple task which will not take you very long to do. This way you are more likely to try it and give it a go.
Give it a try and remember to look at my last blog which was how to work with gratitude at the end of the day. Download my eBook “Achieving your life purpose with the law of attraction” which will also give you tips on how to have a happy and successful life. I also recommend Deepak Chopra’s book “The Ultimate Happiness Prescription” which will give you so much more great information. Let me know your comments and thoughts and write and let me know once you have tried my tips. Give yourself at least four weeks of repeating the process on a daily basis.
Bye for now